We’re very excited to announce the launch of the AWS Data Lake Foundation Quick Start, developed by 47Lining. The Quick Start provides customers with a get-started Data Lake in AWS that covers common use cases spanning ingest to visualization. With the push of a button, customers can deploy a secure, scalable, best practices environment within their own AWS account.
This Quick Start builds a data lake foundation that integrates AWS services such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Athena, Amazon Elasticsearch Service (Amazon ES), and Amazon QuickSight. The data lake foundation provides these features:
- Data ingestion, including batch submissions to Amazon S3 and streaming submissions via Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
- Dataset management through Amazon Redshift transformations and Amazon Kinesis Analytics.
- Data transformation, aggregation, and analysis through Amazon Athena and Amazon Redshift Spectrum.
- Search, by indexing metadata in Amazon ES and exposing it through Kibana dashboards.
- Publishing into an S3 bucket for use by visualization tools.
- Visualization, with Amazon QuickSight.
If you would like support in building upon this foundation for your use case, please Contact us to discuss your needs.